Where Can I Report Concerning Behaviour?

The Canadian Centre for Child Protection has received reports from parents/guardians into its Cybertip.ca national program that include:

  • I am concerned my child is being groomed online by an offender.
  • I am concerned my child is being extorted or threatened online.
  • My child shared a nude picture online and is now being threatened.
  • I am concerned my child might be planning to meet up with someone they first met online.
  • My child has shared nude images and is now being mistreated by their peers.
  • Someone shared a nude image with my child.
  • An individual shared sexual messages with my child (gaming, social networks, etc.).
  • Someone contacted my child offering to pay for sex with them.
  • An individual contacted my child requesting they engage in a sexual act.
  • Someone created profiles for my children on adult dating/pornography sites.
  • A convicted sex offender has contacted my child online.

Visit Cybertip.ca to submit a report. If you are concerned that your child may be in immediate danger, call 911 or your local police.

  • Contact your local police detachment and ask to speak with an officer in child exploitation.
  • Go to Cybertip.ca to tell us about your concern. If you would prefer to make a report over the phone, call Cybertip.ca’s toll-free line (1-866-658-9022).
  • Visit NeedHelpNow.ca for detailed steps to remove an image online.
  • Contact the website or app provider (Facebook®, Instagram®, Snapchat®, etc.).
  • Report it at Cybertip.ca under the category “I believe that a sexual (intimate) image/video has been (or may be) shared without permission.”
  • Review our Resource Guide for Families, which is available to assist families when responding to self/peer exploitation (sexting) incidents.